Welcome to we fit howdens kitchens
choose a style and book an appointment below.
Choosing a new kitchen can be so exciting. But with all those sleek lines, smoothly sliding drawers, smart splash-backs and shiny new appliances, how do you go about choosing the fitted kitchen that’s perfect for you? Here are a few things to consider…
Think simple and sleek, frameless cabinets, glass splash-backs and a distinct absence of mouldings and handles. The look is cool and industrial, focusing on hard-wearing kitchen worktops in granite, concrete and stainless steel. The Bayswater and Clerkenwell are minimalist, contemporary kitchens. They work really well in a small kitchen to give a feeling of space.
Often made of wood, these homely kitchens are rich with decorative wall tiles, elaborate mouldings, rustic, ‘antique’ finishes and Vintage-style sinks. They are ideal if you are looking for a kitchen with a traditional feel.
Make the most of both worlds for a timeless finish, combining tongue and groove wooden wall cabinets, glass fronts and contrasting colors, along with cutting-edge stainless-steel cooker hoods.
A word of warning on surfaces: If you have children with sticky fingers at home, don’t be dazzled by beautiful gloss, stainless-steel or glass finishes unless you really do love cleaning constantly. Equally, a light, south-facing kitchen means you’ll see the slightest hint of stains each time the sun shines.
book a free home survey
How much will your fitted kitchen cost?
As with most things, the more expensive your kitchen is, the more likely it will withstand the test of time. But costs can escalate, especially once you’ve added installation and appliances to the price tag of the kitchen itself. If you’re on a tight budget, these cost-cutting tips could help:
- We can’t all afford solid wood, granite, glass or quartz kitchen worktops but there are plenty of great look-alikes from the laminate range to choose from.
- Lacquered or laminated hi-gloss kitchen cabinets? These can look the same yet they vary greatly in price – choose laminate if you’re cutting costs.
- Buy the best you can afford. A cheap oven & hob can often prove to be a false economy, as can kitchen worktops – these are used so often that they must be durable.
- What do you really need? It’s easy to get dazzled by snazzy new features but it’s important to keep cool and prioritise. Think carefully and invest only in the things you’ll really use. What specific appliances will make your life that much easier in the kitchen? Alas, you might delay buying that fancy coffee machine or American-style fridge with ice maker until a later date.
- Open shelving is less expensive than closed cupboards. Meanwhile, straight units are less pricey than corner carousel-style ones. Also, one large cupboard is also likely to cost less and accommodate more than several wall units – ask your kitchen suppliers to bear your budget in mind at design stage.
What do We Fit Howdens Kitchens say?
We have many years’ experience in the construction industry and, as kitchen fitters, we can often provide you with valuable input on things you may not have considered yet when designing your fitted kitchen.
Our relationship with Howdens Joinery ensures that together we can provide kitchens and installation all in one go. From initial contact to final completion, we are with you every step of the way. The carefully vetted, professional We Fit kitchen fitters follow strict processes – what’s more, they always turn up on time and never leave until you are completely satisfied.
We Fit Howdens Kitchens is a trading name of We Fit Quality Kitchens Ltd
7 St Andrews Avenue
Telephone: 0333 5772425 (local call rates)
Company Number : 10901554
Registered in England and Wales
Fitting Howdens Kitchens in Yorkshire
Currently we are fitting Howdens Kitchens in the Harrogate, Knaresborough, Otley, Ilkley, Wetherby, Collingham, Boston Spa, Clifford, Thorner, Bramham and Leeds areas.
IMPORTANT : If your town or village isn’t listed, please enquire.